Almost 2 years ago I arrived to my first area in korea, wet from the rain and brought my suitcases that were covered in water and dirt into the apartment, getting dirt all over the place. I was exhausted and jet lagged, but there was only a couple hours left in the day, plus it was raining, so I figured I'd unpack and clean up the mess of dirt I had just made, and maybe eat dinner or something. But my trainer said we had to go do something called 전도 (didn't know what that was) but he said we had to do it for the rest of the day, so we left the house.
We started talking to people on the street, well, my companion did, and I kinda just stood there and had no idea what was going on. As we kept walking we talked to people on the way, and I was wondering when we were gonna get to where ever we were going so we could do the 전도 thing he was talking about. But after a while of talking to people, my trainer said it was time to go home. Eventually I realized that 전도 was the thing we had been doing that whole time, talking to people on the street.
Anyway, after about 2 years I found myself walking into the same apartment 4 days ago with the same suitcases, wet from the rain again, dragging the same suitcases in and getting water and dirt on the floor again. I wasn't jet lagged this time, but I was still tired and had to unpack and the house needed to be clean. Nonetheless, we left cause we had other things to do. This time it wasn't an appointment with the streets though, it was an appointment with some guy neither of us knew named zecheriah kim
He called us as we were traveling, wanting to meet at McDonald's. We were able to teach him a few principles and he said he was able to feel a lot of comfort from our message. We'll meet him again next Thursday
So if you couldn't tell by now, I've been transferred back to 부천, which was my first area. I was only there for one transfer, and I'm only gonna be there for one more cause this is my last transfer
I'm in a trio, and my new comps are elder 이하라 and elder hales. This is my first time ever having a korean companion

Other highlights:
I sent a mass text inviting people to english class cause I didn't know who to invite (so I just invited everyone). But that was a good idea cause one person who had never actually met the missionaries before responded to the text and wanted to come. His name is peter. Or at least that's what he changed his name to. He's from north korea, and escaped in 1993 with 2 other friends.
While living in South Korea he met some people who he became friends with, and they played soccer together, and eventually those friends converted him to their religion, and he went to a religious college and changed his name to Peter. At first during our lesson I didn't know if I believed his whole story, but he actually did have a pretty crazy accent I haven't heard before, so maybe I do believe it
Rip Chip
젠슨 장로 ~~
No comments:
Post a Comment