Monday, July 20, 2026

고기 고기 고기

Highs:
고기 - we've been eating so good recently, I have no idea how but it's been kind of a miracle cause we cleaned out our fridge to try and separate all the rotten  stuff from the stuff we could eat to see how much food we actually had to eat but after doing that there was nothing left in our fridge. But yeah luckily people keep buying stuff for us and we had korean BBQ 3 days in a row 🙌


we ended up having to drop our friend pedro from north korea after a pretty rough lesson where he offended a member. But at least he bought us meat after 😄 we'll still invite him to english class though 

Baptism - we ended up kinda white washing this area and there was just somebody on date who was a husband of a wife who is a member, and they have a baby daughter. I only had one lesson with him before his baptism but I can tell that choosing to meet with the missionaries has been a really good decision for him and their family, and although I think he was probably very hesitant at first, I don't think he'll regret his decision to be baptized 


Members - I forgot how awesome the 부천 members are. They're so good at welcoming teaching friends and sitting by them. After the baptism on Sunday one of our new members was planning the leave before we ate lunch and there was like 3 members in a row who all tried to get him to stay haha

Ice cream with 안복자 자매님


Lows:
- trio's down to two 😞

- progressing teaching friend who was reading the book of mormon every day and telling us how he felt about what he read said he can't meet with us cause his parents disapprove 

- someone asked us to visit him at the hospital he was at but turns out he was trying to use us as a method of escaping the hospital 

- said hi to a lady on the street who proceeded to shove me aggressively out of her way as she walked by. I wasn't actually in her way though so she must have been having quite a bad day to have to go out of her way for that one haha


Had another meal with Zechariah Kim. He says the sentences "don't worry, you can trust me" and "don't worry I'm not a crazy person" a lot more frequently than normal people I feel like. It kind of makes me not want to trust him. It was a great meal though 🤷‍♂️ and he appreciated our message about resurrection, although he already attends a church and I don't know if he'll progress. He made it pretty clear he's not giving up alcohol


Some random kids we met. we forced every single one of them to give us their numbers🤣🤣🤣 (they blocked us immediately)


Rip goomy bear 

3 nephi 17: 

2 I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.

3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again

These are some scriptures I liked this week. After Jesus perceived that the people couldn't understand his words, he invited them to go home and ponder them, and ask in prayer to understand them. Sometimes things that living a life in the Gospel ask of us can seem like a lot, but when we seek to understand them through pondering and prayer, rather than pushing those things away immediately and saying it's too hard, I know that we can better understand God's will for us in our lives, and we can align our will with his.

I've been thinking a lot recently, if God commanded me to completely turn my life upside down by giving me a crazy calling, or commanding me to go live in another country and abondon everything I ever knew, would I be able to do it? I have definitely become better at following commandments on my mission, but I still don't think I'm to the point where I could do that. I would probably run away from a commandment that big, like Jonah running away from Nineveh. But I hope to reach the point where I am able to swiftly obey anything God commands me, immediately and with exactness. And I'm nowhere near close to that but still I'd like to invite you all to try and do the same 

젠슨 장로 👋


Also 😞 🇦🇷 ✊️ 😭 😡 (some of my emotions after wc)

Don't worry I didn't watch it though, haha😅😅😅😅 (I might have been tempted if it wasn't at 4 AM) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

대한민국 만세

Well my time in Korea has come to an end. I will forever cherish the memories and relationships I have made here. I am grateful that I had t...