Sorry been a sec. I'll talk about some things that have happened lately.
Here's one thing I've felt recently: there's always gonna be people who want to spend time with you as a missionary. It makes sense, missionaries are young, they have a light about them, they provide great company. But as I've been nearing the end of my mission, it's been easier for me to notice who the people are that simply enjoy being with the missionaries, but don't necessarily progress or have interest in the gospel. Since I don't have a lot of time left, I don't want to waste time with such people, as there are others waiting to hear the message of the gospel. Anyway sorry to start the email off on that note, sometimes I get in a serious mood when writing stuff. Also there's this grandpa named Johnny who only ever wants to play ping pong and let's just say he's been causing some
️drama
️ recently 
️drama
️ recently 
Less actives:
We haven't really done much Less active work, but we have been able to help a lot of Less actives recently. One of those is a lady named 석현후. She randomly showed up to the parking lot saying she was supposed to meet somebody who wanted her help with something. We got talking and apparently she hasn't been to church in a long time, but she is a member. She ended up buying us dinner and we decided to keep reaching out to her. And because of that, she came to church again yesterday! It was a huge miracle, and one of the members who knew who she was said "thank you elders for reactivating her!! She hasn't been to church in a WHILE". she said that right in front of her though so it was kind of awkward
This is the meal she bought for us (she just payed and then left)
Another Less active we had a miracle with is named 김연희. She hasn't been to church in a really long time and is super hard to get a hold of but we found ourselves in her neighborhood so we decided to visit her apartment. She was beyond happy to see us and loved the gift we brought her. And I told her we wanted to sing for her, so we sang "God's Gracious Love" to her and I think she was really able to feel the spirit, which it seemed she hadn't felt in a long time. As we were talking her kids also got home, and they're both baptism age but not baptized, so that was really good to meet them. Unfortunately her husband is against the church, so it makes it hard for her to attend, even though I think she would love to attend every week
She also gave us tomatoes and milk haha
Crazy guy:
So there's this guy who we call crazy guy who's been coming to english class recently. Luckily he's not super good at english so he goes to the beginner class with not a lot of people, but when we asked him to spell out his english name, he was like:
"uhh, you don't know?? 
"

"And we said
"no, we don't know"
So he started spelling it out:
"J-E-S-S-U"
It was obvious he was trying to spell out Jesus (he thinks he's Jesus), but he spelled it wrong, so we tried to save the class from a really awkward moment by quickly by saying:
"Ohhh you're english name is Jess! Nice to meet you Jess!"
But then he just said in korean:
"Nah I was trying to say Jesus"
So yeah we still ended up having an awkward moment. But yeah on one particular day (Saturday) it was a pretty long day with a lot of traveling, and he was at english class. Anyway I won't go into too much detail but I did end up having to tell him off. We'll see if he tries to come back I guess.
I had my "last" official meeting with Mr Jin from 속초 this week. I was expecting him to be sadder, but unfortunately I didn't feel much remorse on his part. The Mr Jin that once personally asked president Kim to transfer me back to 속초 said these words: (rough translation btw)
Him: It's crazy that this is our last meeting!
Me: hey, I still have an interview with our mission president today and one more transfer. Should I ask him if I can go back to 속초 to finish my mission? 

Him: Like I said, it's crazy that this is our LAST meeting EVER!
He seemed almost relieved to part ways for the last time. I invited him to be baptized again of course, and he said while he does want me to be the one to baptize him, he can't give up alcohol, because his health would decline and he would die. Honestly I don't doubt that would be the case if he did give up alcohol, cause he's so old, and having withdrawals at this age would probably lead to a severe decline in health, which might be too difficult for someone his age to handle. Despite that he told me to work hard and become a successful businessman and come back to Korea in less than 5 years (before he dies) and play golf with him and baptize him then
Other highlights:
Had my first ever exchange with a korean. It was amazing
Said goodbye to a goat ㅠㅠ (Jay moved to Poland
)가정의 밤 with bishops fam
my comp and I have been able to see a lot of the fruits of our efforts this past week. Over the past 2 transfers we have been able to hand out 22 member testimony-signed copies of the book of mormon to teaching friends and other people. We were also able to have 4 friends come to church last week, which was huge for us, as we had not a single real teaching friend when we got to this area. I can testify that God will give us success when we put in effort, but if we want to see the progress, we need to record things. If we don't write things down, we will not be able to see all the ways in which we've grown and had success throughout any certain period of time in our lives
See you in 6 weeks~~
젠슨 장로
No comments:
Post a Comment