It was a long week with a lot of surprises
Highlights:
~ got to travel to Bucheon and visit their district council and relive some old bucheon mems
~ got to eat 김치찌개 twice
(kimchi stew, or soup, idk what it is in English really. My bad sometimes I just forget English 






)
(kimchi stew, or soup, idk what it is in English really. My bad sometimes I just forget English 






)~ got to travel to gangnam too and visit the old house. There's not 6 people living there anymore so it's actually like a normal house now
~ got to travel to youngdeungpo for MLC (missionary leadership council)
~ found out some good news: Mr Jin is on date for baptism!! For those of you who remember him, he was the teaching friend in sokcho who wrote me a lot of nice texts. He's also the one who got naked when we went hiking. Anyway, after I left sokcho he started going to church. And this week I had a meal with the mission president's wife cause they are always around us, and while we were talking she said she was going to sokcho this weekend.
So I told her to keep an eye out for Mr Jin because he's been going to church recently. I also told her that I think he's going to get baptized someday because I had a dream that he did haha. So on Sunday, I got a text from Mr Jin, cause we still stay in contact, and it was a picture of him at church with the mission president and his wife haha. And later I found out that apparently the mission presidents wife convinced him to set a baptismal date while she was there haha so yeah. It might take longer than we're expecting cause I know he does drink, but that was still amazing to hear.
Other interesting moment:
Randomly we got a call this week from some sisters in an area saying they got 500 referrals at once. Which is not normal at all. So we looked into it, and the people in provo said that the english referalls have been getting a little clogged in the system but when it resolved they all sent at once to a single area. So we had to go and send them throughout the mission to wherever they lived. I think one area ended up having like 80 or something hehe (sorry Elder Morris) but yeah hopefully we get some people to English class from that
Spiritual Thought:
For the spiritual thought I'd like to share one of my favorite of President Nelson's quotes in his honor.
I might have shared it before but that's okay.
As we strive to live the higher laws of Jesus Christ, our hearts and our very natures begin to change. The Savior lifts us above the pull of this fallen world by blessing us with greater charity, humility, generosity, kindness, self-discipline, peace, and rest.
I know that President Nelson was a prophet of God, and by listening to his words, we can hear and learn the things God will have us know through his messenger. Striving to follow the prophets words is also striving to follow the Savior. And by doing that, we will be blessed with charity, humility, generosity, kindness, self-discipline, peace, rest, and so much more
I guess I didn't talk about dancing at all yet. Oh well, I'm out of time. Maybe next week
젠슨 장로




No comments:
Post a Comment