Monday, September 15, 2025

私は日本人です

Recently I've become very interested in Japanese. It started when we started attending our Japanese class that one of the sisters teaches at the church cause we have a teaching friend that goes to it. Now I can't stop learning it, I'm too invested 😬😬 I gotta start at some point though if I'm gonna achieve the big 3 (Japanese Korean Chinese) 

Anyway that doesn't really have anything to do with anything else that happened this week. I did meet a Chinese lady on the subway though. I tried to talk to her but I was really struggling not to speak Korean and I had to use Google translate cause I forgot a few words

We had a few miracles this week! One of them was when 2 new people came to English class! We forgot 
to ask one of them, but one of them said she got our business card when we were handing them out by the station and she came to class! And the other guy said he wanted to come to church on Sunday. He didn't come, but hopefully he will next week. But one of our other friends came to church for the first time! He's been attending Japanese class, and then randomly when I turned around at church he was just there haha. And it turns out he's a lot more passionate about religion than we though. Idk if that's a good or bad thing yet. He has quite a few strong opinions. But he seems to like our church so far so that's good

On Sunday there was also a baptism in our ward for a high school student that the other elders have been teaching. He's way cool and the baptism went really well. We also ate a big lunch after church at the church, which is pretty rare for a big ward like ours cause it takes a lot more work. I had to dry all the dishes after so I missed ward choir practice 😒









Spiritual Message:
 
"These days I spend a lot less time hating myself for what I have done and a lot more time loving Jesus for what He has done.”

This is a quote from the general conference talk "worthiness is not flawlessness". I like it because there is nothing we can do to change the past, but as we spend more time focusing on Jesus Christ, and what he did for us rather than what we have done, we will be able to become more like him and we will spend less time disliking ourselves for our mistakes 

젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment

🧊🧊🧊

It's been really cold, which is tough since the church is a 40 minute walk from our house. But we've still been able to meet with so...