Monday, October 20, 2025

Elderly Interactions

We had quite a few interactions with elderly people this week. I mean that's pretty much every week but we had some more interesting ones this week.


The first interaction was a humbling experience.


I got destroyed by this grandma in badminton (over 70 years old). I don't have much experience in badminton but I'm not too bad at racquet sports so I figured I could take her. But apparently my form was bad and so I was using way more energy by swinging with my whole arm rather than just my wrist which is the easier more effective option. I'm still sore from the encounter. We were playing badminton for our ward activity, but me and my companion actually plan to go back and play with the old people again and try and teach them, cause a lot of them were curious why there was an American there and they were asking a lot of questions

The second interaction was a happy experience.


We went proselyting as a district, and somehow found ourselves dancing with this random lady by the subway station! People who were walking by even began to film us haha. We were able to get her number and 2 other people's numbers who were interested in learning English that night. Join the photos to see the rest of the dances πŸ‘‡


Another multiple little experiences happened on an exchange I went on on Wednesday. Me and Elder Cutanda from the Philippines were able to do a lot of proselyting and talk to a lot of old people at a park. It was really nice for me to get out and have real conversations with people cause I don't have as much time to proselyte in the office these days. I learned a lot about having meaningful conversations and teaching while I find rather than just handing out a card and being done. Elder Cutanda is very talented at proselyting and I learned a lot of valuable things. Even though we didn't get any phone numbers, we shared our testimonies face to face with people and were even able to teach people about our beliefs. There were some elderly people meditating at the park and we asked if we could join them and they seemed enthusiastic until the leader of the group said no cause he knew who we were πŸ˜’


pic after the exchange

Other highlights 


Elder Beardall returned home safely and got his long awaited chick-fil-a


Lotte Tower

Spiritual Thought

Faith in Jesus Christ is a gift, but receiving it is a conscious choice that requires a commitment of all our “might, mind and strength.” It is a practice of every day. Every hour. It takes constant learning and determined commitment. Our faith, which is our loyalty to the Savior, becomes stronger as it is tested against the opposition we face here in mortality. It endures because we keep nourishing it, we keep actively applying it, and we never give up. On the other hand, if we fail to use faith and its convincing power by acting upon it, we become less sure of things we once held sacred—less confident of things we once knew were true

The fire of yesterday’s testimony can warm us for only so long. It needs constant nourishment to keep burning brightly.

This is an excerpt from Elder Uchtdorfs most recent general conference talk. I specifically like the second part which talks about constant nourishment of the testimony. It is important to keep nourishing our testimonies, no matter how great or how many spiritual experiences we have had. So it important to use the gift of faith in our lives and keep choosing Jesus Christ every day, and keep kindling the fire of our testimonies

젠슨 μž₯둜








No comments:

Post a Comment

🧊🧊🧊

It's been really cold, which is tough since the church is a 40 minute walk from our house. But we've still been able to meet with so...