Well, I made it to Korea! The plane ride was lowk brutal but
shout out to Bridget Layton who gave me a My Little Pony coloring book to keep
me occupied!! Thanks Bridge, that kept me busy for at least one of the 14 hours
After the flight we got welcomed by the mission pres and the
APs and stuff and they said we were going to eat at a restaurant. We stopped at a
restaurant called like ️νμλΉ
️ or something at the
airport. And I was thinking "oh here we go, I'm finally gonna try some
real authentic Korean food." But then the mission pres pointed across the
airport and exclaimed "bohguh king!" with his accent and stuff yk. So
yeah we ended up having
BuRgEr
KiNg
for my first
meal in korea rather than
️νμλΉ
️. But that's okay, cause
at BK you can always have it your way. And I'm never not in the mood to have a
nice whopper
Fast forward to my first REAL meal in Korea. It wasn't until
like 2 days later cause I had French toast for a meal, curry, pizza, cereal,
and more random stuff. But finally we had a member meal at a Korean restaurant.
They just ordered for all of us, and it was μλκ΅ (pig intestine soup). Before
you ask, I didn't throw up. I got close though. I didn't really eat much of it
and I also had to go outside and get some fresh air about halfway through. The
members didn't get offended though and they just said I must have jet lag still
so yeah. Unfortunately, the next day I was talking to a ward member who asked
what kind of food I like (keep in mind I don't know Korean). I said Korean food
naturally, yk to make him happy and stuff, but then he asked what kind of Korean
food. And the only Korean food word I know is μλκ΅so that's what I
said. And now we're eating at his house this week and having pig intestines
again, woohoo
The day to day work is alright, it's mostly just street contacting cause we don't have any teaching friends at the moment. People here don't accept the gospel as well as they used to many years ago is what I hear. We're lucky if people even talk to us after we say "missionaries". They all stare at me though which is awesome! (I love the attention).
I gave a talk in church yesterday which was fun. It was mostly just an introduction but after I said I just arrived to Korea that week all the members were like "woahhhh" cause they were impressed with my Korean I guess. Also, I got stormed by grandmas after church who all told me how good my Korean was. If they said anything else I didn't understand it so I just said "thanks" a lot. Also, we were all eating baked potatoes after church in the foyer for some reas and a grandma walked up to me and said "you name is κΉ μ¬μ" (Jae Seok Kim) So I guess I have a Korean name now
Spiritual Thought:
Alma 7:24 - And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity,
and then ye will always abound in good works.
I like this verse because it gives us three simple steps to
follow, and then immediately after gives us promised blessings if we follow
them. I would guess that all of us want to abound in good works, and receive
the blessings that come from that. So, my invitation to you all this week is to
do some research on those three words: faith, hope, and charity. And then find
out how you can apply them into your life, and try to have those attributes
during your week. I can also promise you that if you do that, you will always
abound in good works!
μ μ¨ μ₯λ‘
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NE4hqKEuajBNpJgu5
No comments:
Post a Comment