First of all, shout out to the all time cringiest guy I know, Adam Parkhurst! He just got his mission call to Burmingham, Alabama, Spanish speaking!!
We finally
got some new Korean districts in the MTC this week, which means we have
less than 3 weeks now before we leave! My new favorite thing every time I
see one of them is to just rapid fire the first vision at them in
Korean cause they have no idea how to react haha. It's probably not the
nicest thing to do since my own Korean is subpar at best, but what can I
say? I get a little kick out of it.
This week,
my comps and I started playing chess whenever we get the chance, which has
been pretty fun. Finally, all the time I spent playing chess.com during AP Calculus my junior year is paying off!
The reason
this email title is 저는 요리했습니다 (I'm
cooked), is because I now realize I'm about to be humbled real bad when I get
to Korea in a couple weeks. But I'm actually looking forward to it. And that's
because "it was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that
makes men as angels" - Saint Augustine. I stumbled across that quote about
thirty seconds ago when I looked up "quotes about humility".
So I just
did some research, and it turns out Saint Augustine was a Lutheran so I should
probably check my sources before quoting next time
Spiritual
Thought:
Alma 37:36
Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support;
yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and
whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea,
let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy
doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night
lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou
risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks
unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
I love these
verses because they tell us what we can benefit from if we turn to God in all
our doings. He will direct us for good, He will watch over us, and we will be
lifted up at the last day. He can help us through all our trials!
Also go read
the Book of Mormon if you haven't yet today
Jensen 장로

No comments:
Post a Comment