I spent the first half of this week saying a lot of goodbyes in 속초. Some were more heartbroken than others. Mr Jin made me promise to call him every single week...
unfortunately I won't be able to keep that. But I'm sure he'll be fine once he meets the new missionary. We got a call from 방명현 the day before I left and I thought it would be to say goodbye but he just asked if I ate lunch yet and then asked for me to send him somebody's phone number. Some people never change I guess. We had 5 meals with different people on Tuesday and Wednesday before leaving on Thursday, and there was also a lot of people I wasn't able say goodbye too (sorry Daniel and 김청래).
식사 with Lily
On Thursday I came to 송파. The difference between this place and 속초 is night and day. Way more young people here, and way more people in general. We actually get referrals, and it's actually people who are able to meet with us! We've already had some good lessons and been able to set up more for this week. I don't know many of our teaching friends yet, but apparently we had some that came to church and I just didn't see them. For some reason they like coming to church but they avoid the missionaries lol. We'll see what we can do about that. This area will take some getting used to for sure. My new companion is elder beardall. This is his last transfer. He's way cool and shares all his snacks with me. He loves gaming, especially minecraft. This should be a wonderful transfer.
Me and Elder Beardall
Sorry that's all I have time for gotta prepare for cardfest

(where you hand out as many cards as you can after pday between 6-8, winner gets ice cream)
No comments:
Post a Comment