Monday, April 14, 2025

Baptism for 방명현

This week was pretty crazy in a lot of ways 

First of all…

방명현 got baptized!! 

This was such a miracle. We had been planning for the baptism all week and making preparations, and finally, the night before the baptism was supposed to take place, we got a call from 방명현. As soon as we picked up the phone, Elder Moore walked in the front door of our apartment. Since Elder Moore got transferred, he had to pull strings to come back to 속초 for one day only to baptize 방명현 since he found him in the park and taught him for months. 

We didn't know he was coming the night before, and it's a few hours of travel so we were a little surprised when he showed up. But right as he walked in, 방명현 told us over the phone that he fell down from a really high place at work, and hurt his leg, and would not be coming to church or getting baptized the next day. We tried everything we could, even had a member call him, but pushing only made the situation worse and we had to text in the group chat, the night before, that the baptism was canceled. Keep in mind, all the members had gone out of their way to prepare food for a potluck that they had thrown together for the baptism they were planning on. We received texts throughout the week from members saying how excited they were for the baptism. It was supposed to be the first investigator baptism in 속초 in 10 years, so I can understand why they were excited.

We all prayed together as an apartment, and after that I layed awake, wondering how I would ever fall asleep with all the stress I was feeling (I fell asleep 5 seconds later)

The next morning we got to church, and decided to start filling up the font just in case. And 2 hours later, 방명현 was baptized. I won't go into too much detail, but I know that God is a God of miracles, and without Him or the spirit, which has affected 방명현's life so much already, this could not have been possible. Even the fact that our mission president told Elder Moore to come to 속초 a day early was a miracle, because if he hadn't, we would have received the call from 방명현 and then texted elder Moore not to come the next day because the baptism was off. But it was an amazing service and the members were so happy 

Other highlights: 

I became a blueberry farmer 

우리는 즐거운 시간을 보낼 뿐이다 

좋은데를 찾으면 사진을 찍을 밖에 없죠

아무튼

젠슨 장로 





No comments:

Post a Comment

🧊🧊🧊

It's been really cold, which is tough since the church is a 40 minute walk from our house. But we've still been able to meet with so...