Monday, November 18, 2024

Gangnam Style

This transfer was shortened because of Thanksgiving, so transfers are this week. And I'm getting transferred out of 부천  I'm so sad that I only got to spend 5 weeks here because I loved this area and the ward. But I'm going to 강남 (Gangnam), which is apparently the bourgiest city in Korea, and also the inspiration for the song "Gangnam Style" which I'm sure you've all heard. So I am super excited and I'm sure it will be just as good as 부천

This week we mostly visited members and proselyted on the streets, but we also had one lesson. It was with a guy we met at a park, and he turned out to be 80 years old. He wouldn't stop talking about the history of Korea for like an hour and then we had to go, so that lesson wasn't too successful. But we did get quite a few people to English class this week so that was good

Some other highlights:

- I got my alien card this week, so I won't get deported now 

- went to a bathhouse today

- completed my first phone call in full Korean

- ate a lot of rice. Pretty much only rice. Every day. Sometimes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 

Spiritual Thought: 

Alma 5:15 - Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?

I like this verse because it puts into perspective how important it is to look forward with an eye of faith, because God is the one who created us after all. And it is also an eye opener that makes you wonder if you died today, and stood before God, would you be ready to receive judgement based on the life you've lived so far? If not, then maybe there is something you can start to work on! I know I have things to work on too

젠슨 장로 



No comments:

Post a Comment

🧊🧊🧊

It's been really cold, which is tough since the church is a 40 minute walk from our house. But we've still been able to meet with so...