My first full week at the MTC went swimmingly. We started
immersion this week, which means our classes are in full Korean, and no one is
allowed to speak English. It really brought me back to the Chinese immersion
days. It even made me remember a ton of Chinese words I had forgotten. Every
time I think of something I want to say in class, I can always remember the
Chinese word for it but never the Korean. And sometimes I mix up the two
languages, and half of the sentence will be in Korean, and the other half
Chinese, so now my brain is a melting pot of languages. Hence the E-mail title,
Chorean.
The devotionals at the MTC are awesome. On Tuesday, we
had a general authority, Amy Wright, speak to us. It was an amazing talk about
missionary work and facing challenges that are uniquely difficult for each one
of us. I don't have my journal with me so that's all I can really remember off
the top of my head.
Music Withdrawals - I thought it would be much harder to
stop listening to music suddenly for two years, but it hasn't been too bad so
far. The only weird thing is that I will randomly get weird songs stuck in my
head that are so random. Like this morning, we were on the bus ride to the
Timpanogos temple, and I had "silver bells" stuck in my head. Like
the Christmas song. I hear that song maybe once a year. But for some reason,
that one has been stuck in my head on at least three separate occasions. If you
thought that one was weird, just wait until you hear the next one. The Lorax
soundtrack. And I'm not even talking about the songs, like "Let it
Grow" or "Thneedville". I'm talking about the random background
music that plays during scenes that don't have talking. Like the music that
plays when Ted and company are running away from Ohare while trying to plant
the Truffula seed. That music being stuck in my head makes a little more sense
though, cause I have seen The Lorax probably 200+ times.
Cool scripture: 2 Nephi 31:20
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in
Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men.
Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and
endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life
It doesn't get plainer than that! This is an awesome
promise. God really does love each one of us!
Korean phrases I learned this week -
저는 Jensen장로입니다. 저는 축구 좋아합니다. 저는 Utah 주 에서 왔습니다. 저는 서울에서 봉사하겠습니다. 저는 예수 그리스도 후기 성도 교회 선교사들입니다. 감사합니다. 안녕히계세요!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment